Monday, February 26, 2018

Communication - Designer Meeting

Communication is one of the most important parts of human life. It is what gets us through the day alive and well, it is what helps us to understand ourselves and those around us. If we cannot learn to communicate, we might as well not be alive.

Communication is especially important in team settings. How do you expect to get a project done if you do not talk to your team? Often times people in the team will not know what to do or how to do it due to the lack of communication between team members. If they are too afraid to speak it could end up destroying their career.

I feel team bonding exercises play a very important role in developing a team, as it will help the team members feel confident talking to each other, which could prevent the issue listed above. Without the team feeling connected they will not work well together, which will lead to a bad or cancelled project or product.
Often times people are scared to speak up, or ask for help, from their superior, and this will often not get better over time. Although humans are social creatures, they are also creatures which can be scared off very easily. I, personally, have trouble talking to the people around me. It’s for the common reasons, such as Im afraid they'll judge me, make fun of me, or talk about me behind my back. Then there are the uncommon reasons such as not wanting to disappoint myself by making a bad first, second, third, or hundreth impression. This will often lead to me hardly talking to my team, and working on the project alone, which is not good.

What I took out of the conversation we had was that team bonding and relationships are very, very important in order to work hard a raise morale. If you’re not comfortable around your team, the people you work with everyday, will you be comfortable with everyday situations? I think that we need to find a way to help strengthen teams within Warren Tech.

No comments:

Post a Comment